Attention Miniwing! Do Not Read!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention Miniwing! Do Not Read!

Phew, now that I have that disclaimer I can safely mention a few things I learned about tooling about with the new seasons in d3.

There are some sweet items I guess that drop in season first and then can drop in regular play once the season is over. It is fine if you get them in season because once season ends your seasonal toons aren't wiped just transferred over to regular toons for you to wipe to make space for the next seasonal toons. If you level a toon to make level I guess you get an instant new transmit that will be one piece of a greater set which is cool.

You can also unlock some new banner stuff pretty easily but that is based on the achievement points system. Which is pretty crazy. Basically they give you a blank achievement slate and let you start acquiring achievement points for the same areas as before. They do spam the clan chat so cristo and I were remarking how we couldn't see the difference between a clan member earning a regular cheev and a seasonal one. That was pretty strangely exciting. Also if you were playing a seasonal toon last than your guild cheevo points are reflected by your seasonal not your original. (nice 300 points Cujo!)

A few nice caveats are that if you earn a seasonal cheev that you didn't have in regular you earn it in regular too. There are a couple time based conquests or challenges or whatever that of course I am no where near winning, but there is a sliding seasonal cheevo scale that you could get into. So don't anyone tell Miniwing. This may be exactly the sort of trigger that will set him off.

When I have time which is never I will be futzing about in hardcore seasonal d3 along with all the other games I mean to play. Because why not play hardcore in seasonal? This way if the toon dies you can say, "well that class wasn't really in this season...."
    "The Dead Presidents"...now that's a name I have not heard in a long time. A long time.
    Oh, they aren't dead. Not yet.

Originally posted by taft View Post
    Phew, now that I have that disclaimer I can safely mention a few things I learned about tooling about with the new seasons in d3.

There are some sweet items I guess that drop in season first and then can drop in regular play once the season is over. It is fine if you get them in season because once season ends your seasonal toons aren't wiped just transferred over to regular toons for you to wipe to make space for the next seasonal toons. If you level a toon to make level I guess you get an instant new transmit that will be one piece of a greater set which is cool.

You can also unlock some new banner stuff pretty easily but that is based on the achievement points system. Which is pretty crazy. Basically they give you a blank achievement slate and let you start acquiring achievement points for the same areas as before. They do spam the clan chat so cristo and I were remarking how we couldn't see the difference between a clan member earning a regular cheev and a seasonal one. That was pretty strangely exciting. Also if you were playing a seasonal toon last than your guild cheevo points are reflected by your seasonal not your original. (nice 300 points Cujo!)

A few nice caveats are that if you earn a seasonal cheev that you didn't have in regular you earn it in regular too. There are a couple time based conquests or challenges or whatever that of course I am no where near winning, but there is a sliding seasonal cheevo scale that you could get into. So don't anyone tell Miniwing. This may be exactly the sort of trigger that will set him off.

When I have time which is never I will be futzing about in hardcore seasonal d3 along with all the other games I mean to play. Because why not play hardcore in seasonal? This way if the toon dies you can say, "well that class wasn't really in this season...."
    I'm all about the hardcore. I have a few toons at max level. Ping me if you want to play sometime.

Comment

So. I've been fooling about with Insolent and another friend in diablo seasonal lately. Mostly been playing hardcore which is a bit too stimulating given my current allergy-affected sleep schedule. It has been fun. I have yet to unlock bounties but I'm getting close. But that makes me more stressed out and then I have to go and do things less stressful like hunt terrorists or talk to girls in public. I never got my hc toons up this far in regular but decided to give it a go in seasonal because if I die it is okay, right?

Now seasonal people get first dibs on drops but they can't play with non seasonal. So Insolent couldn't roll with me as is, he had to build a new "leaf thing" character. So now there are four exclusive classes of toons. Hc and regular and then seasonal and non seasonal for each. Super confusing. After the season any toons left alive plus stuff in bank will be transferred over to live so there's that.
      "The Dead Presidents"...now that's a name I have not heard in a long time. A long time.
      Oh, they aren't dead. Not yet.

Comment

Working...
      X