What's Brewin Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Brewin Thread

So recently, my roommates and I have started venturing into the world of brewing. I currently have a stout that is aging quite nicely, but not quickly enough. Figured I would make a thread where we could perhaps post recipes, say what is currently in the works, and perhaps some collaboration for what people may make for the next get together.

I know that a few of you out there are all-grain, but the stuff that I am going to be doing for the next few months is going to be extract w/ grains seeing as how i dont have the funds to get all the gear needed for kegging and all-grain.

Cheers!

Good to hear you are getting into brewing, Cujo. Saban and I have been talking about brewing a Porter in the next month or so. I'm not currently in a place to get to my recipes but would be glad to share them when I get home. They are all setup for 20 gallon all-grain batches but can be converted to extract w/ specialty grains fairly easily.
    I use Pro-Mash brew software to handle recipes and re-size batches as necessary. It also helps alot with water amounts and temperatures which are more critical in all-grain brewing.
    Good luck with your stout. I'm sure it will turn out tasty.

Comment

official beer tester reporting in

Comment

Anyone have an awesome amber recipe? Going to making a batch on Saturday and wondered if anyone had a favorite they like to make

Comment

/Bump

Okay so my previous brews I have done pre-made wort concentrate kits as this is what was available in my area. Now i am gonna be looking at getting more into it and buying some grain kits online. BUT I am gonna need a pot and wort chiller. For a pot/burner what I was thinking about doing is just buying a turkey fryer kit and using that. Now also what are some ideas on making a wort chiller?

Just looking from some help from you experienced bad ass brewers.

Another thing I'm thinking about building and investing in is a Kegerator setup. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'd ask you guys for advice in game but the 2 guys that I know for experienced brewers don't play much anymore miss you guys.
          "Just because I am Christian doesn't mean I'm Perfect. It just means I am Forgiven" - unknow

Comment

I'd like to start making my own wines.

Comment

Originally posted by Sicyon View Post
              I'd like to start making my own wines.
              Now depending on what you want to do but i suggest starting with Kits. Then work your way up to mashing your own. Or just stay with the kits.

The Concept and materials you need are essentially the same just different Bottles.
              "Just because I am Christian doesn't mean I'm Perfect. It just means I am Forgiven" - unknow

Comment

Originally posted by Adoniknight View Post
                /Bump

Okay so my previous brews I have done pre-made wort concentrate kits as this is what was available in my area. Now i am gonna be looking at getting more into it and buying some grain kits online. BUT I am gonna need a pot and wort chiller. For a pot/burner what I was thinking about doing is just buying a turkey fryer kit and using that. Now also what are some ideas on making a wort chiller?

Just looking from some help from you experienced bad ass brewers.

Another thing I'm thinking about building and investing in is a Kegerator setup. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'd ask you guys for advice in game but the 2 guys that I know for experienced brewers don't play much anymore miss you guys.

I used a turkey fryer pot and burner for quite a while. You can make 5 gallon batches easily using it. Just be sure to get as big a fryer pot as you can. If you get a 7.5 gallon pot you can do full boils for a 5 gallon batch.
                I found a youtube video about kegerator setup. Looks pretty cool:

Comment

Dry wines are my favourite.

Comment

See I was thinking of making a fridge style one as I don't think I would need to buy a temp controller then. Also I think it would be more energy efficient. No I just gotta find some empty Corny kegs for it. I sure wish my aunt and uncle were still in the soda industry.

Comment

Things have been extra nice recently. I am getting my first MBP in a couple of weeks, or when the ones with Retina display starts to roll out. I am keen to know what is going to be presented there and how things are likely to go out in accord to what is needed.

But in any case that it would not go out as usual, I just hope that I would still be able to get one that is nice and more up my sleeve.

Comment

Working...
                      X